The Company/Commercial Department at Steele Raymond LLP consists of seven fee earners and their support staff and provides a wide range of corporate and commercial law services. Many of the solicitors in the Department have experience of working in the City of London or other regional centres and the ethos of the Department is to provide specialist legal services of the highest calibre to its commercial clients.
The services provided by the Department include:
- corporate formations, reorganisations and secretarial work
- shareholder and partnership agreements and joint ventures
- company and business sales and purchases
- management buy outs and buy ins
- venture capital and corporate finance work
- e-business start-ups
- commercial contracts, distributorship and agency contracts, IT contracts
- general insolvency law advice and transactions
- employment law work: contracts and employee benefits
- intellectual property work: trade mark, patent and copyright licences and agreements, merchandising and publishing agreements
- franchising agreements
In the course of acting for a wide range of clients, the Department has built up specialisms in various areas of law, including competition law, education and professional practices. A significant amount of the work has an overseas element so that we frequently work with overseas jurisdictions and lawyers based in those jurisdictions.
Recommended as TOP TIER practice for Corporate and Commercial: in Dorset and South Wiltshire
“Tim Stone heads Steele Raymond LLP’s three-partner team, which acts for clients on matters including IT, e-commerce, data protection, share option schemes and franchising. Craig Hardman was made up to partner in 2011.”
Source: The Legal 500 2012 an independent guide to the legal profession.