A brief introduction
Chris is a partner and head of the firm’s commercial property team. Chris is a very capable commercial property lawyer and has significant experience of a wide range of commercial property work in the retail, leisure, care, industrial and office markets.
Chris has been recognised by The Legal 500 (a key independent guide to the legal profession) in both the Real Estate and Banking & Finance categories. The Legal 500 states that Chris “always gives good, practical advice” and that his advice is "clear and unequivocal”.
Chris is a member of the firm’s Management Board and is also a trustee of Julia’s House, the Dorset children’s hospice.
acting for commercial property investors in the purchase, sale and letting of investment property
- acting for commercial property developers in relation to the acquisition of sites for development and then the subsequent sale or letting of units
- acting for banks taking security over property assets
- acting for SIPP and SSAS pension trustee clients in the purchase, sale and management of their portfolios
- acting for business occupiers acquiring sites and taking commercial leases
- representing care home, day nursery, hotel and pub operators in sale, purchase and refinance transactions
advising Hildon Limited in relation to the taking of new commercial leases of their water bottling plant
- acting for the National Aeronautical Centre in relation to its property holdings
- acting for high street banks including, in particular, Santander UK plc, in connection with the taking of security over commercial properties throughout England and Wales
- acting for a private trust in relation to the refinancing of an offshore facility secured over a very significant portfolio of property
- acting for LPA receivers in relation to the sale of property assets
- acting for one of the UK’s largest Park Home operators in relation to the acquisition and disposal of Park Home developments
- acting for numerous care home, day nursery and hotel operators in relation to the purchase, sale and refinancing of their property assets