Company & Commercial
Tim Stone, Chairman, Head of Company & Commercial
“As a firm, we are always on the lookout for talented people who want to build on our success and play an exciting part in our future. Steele Raymond is, at heart, a people business. For us, the law isn’t an abstract concept, rather it is something that is at the core of people’s lives and businesses.”
We are looking for a competent and committed Company & Commercial Solicitor to join the team.
Successful applicants will have 1-3 years’ PQE, a real commitment to client service and to helping with the further development and growth of the Company & Commercial Team.
We are committed to properly rewarding outstanding contribution. We offer outstanding working conditions and highly competitive remuneration packages (including team and firm wide bonuses).
Work will include:
- M&A transaction support including running online data rooms (Merrill, Intralinks, OneHub, Dropbox etc), managing the disclosure process, indexing documents, preparing disclosure letters, Companies House forms, preparing ancillary documents such as board minutes, share transfers, share certificates, resignation letters etc.
- Being involved in reviewing and reporting on transactional documents including share sale and purchase agreements, tax covenants, asset sale and purchase agreements etc.
- General corporate support.
- General company law work such as incorporations, articles of association, shareholders agreement, partnership agreements, shareholder resolutions etc.
- General commercial law work such as terms and conditions and general commercial agreements such as distribution, franchising, supply etc.
- Involvement in banking work, reviewing and reporting on banking facilities and securities, personal guarantee advice etc.
- Maintenance of statutory books and registers.
We will only use this information to handle your enquiry and will not share it with anyone else.
When clients have a critical business decision to make, they need advisors who work with them as part of their team, who understand the technicalities of the law - and how to apply it - but who don’t go overboard with the ‘legals’.
In brief, they need lawyers who speak fluent business. At Steele Raymond, a deep understanding of business is in our DNA. Our proactive commercial lawyers know how vital deadlines are to clients. We understand the difference between their ‘must-haves’ and their ‘nice-to-haves’.
Above all, we focus on the bigger picture, helping them to allocate business risk and deal with the things that really matter to them.
We are a leading regional firm based in Bournemouth providing high quality commercial and private client services. We have been continuously Legal 500 ‘top tier’ rated for the last 13 years in our main practice areas of company & commercial, commercial property and commercial dispute resolution. Our private client offering is a significant and growing part of our practice and offers high quality private client services.
We have a very clear strategy of sustained growth and client excellence. Our two offices have been totally refurbished and we have invested in IT, marketing and practice management. We have significantly grown in the last few years by attracting excellent new partners and senior team members from other regional firms. We are very proud of our values and friendly, supportive culture. We actively encourage staff to develop their potential and provide excellent prospects for career progression and promotion.
We actively encourage all partners and staff to develop their potential and provide excellent prospects for career progression and promotion.
Put simply, we aim to be the best at looking after our clients.
EXCEPTIONAL LEGAL CAREERS
Find out more about us h2 >
When you have a critical business decision to make, you need advisors who work with you as part of your...
As you would expect from a full-service firm we offer a wide range of high-quality private client services...