Helping you find a better solution
Experienced Family Mediation Solicitors
When a relationship breaks down, mediation between separated couples can be a much quicker and often cheaper way of finding common ground than the traditional Court process.
Mediation is voluntary but if you need to apply to the Court for help dealing with issues relating to financial settlement on divorce or children, attendance at a Mediation Information Assessment Meeting (MIAM) is compulsory in most circumstances.
Our specialist family mediation team are qualified solicitors and have years of experience of handling mediations and dealing with the relevant legal principles associated with financial settlement and children
They can guide you through the legal process and help find a tailored solution for you both minimising the financial and emotional impact of legal proceedings.
Helping you with family mediation services
Our experienced family mediation team can help with:
- informing about how mediation works
- conducting the mediation process itself
- conducting Mediation Information and Assessment Meetings (MIAMs)
For more information on how we can help you:
- deal with a relationship breakdown where you are married or in a civil partnership, visit our Divorce and Dissolution page
- understand the financial repercussions of a relationship breakdown, visit our Financial Settlement page
- deal with the end of your relationship where you are unmarried or not in a civil partnership, visit our Relationship Breakdown page
- plan for Asset Protection and how your assets could be dealt with in the event of separation or divorce
- deal with any children issues, visit our Children page
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Here’s just a few examples of how our family mediation team have helped clients.
We can help you:
- find common ground and a solution that works for you and your ex-partner or ex-spouse
- explore options that are tailored to your circumstances
- ensure the confidentiality of the procedure
- to have a good working relationship in the future
- find a solution to your dispute without being dictated to by a judge
- prepare a document recording your decisions that solicitors use to prepare a binding court order, where necessary
What our clients say:
Family Client, Bournemouth
“I am really grateful that I met you two, my dream team as I always refer you to. I am sure many of your clients would feel the same way about you, your attention to detail, professionalism, sympathetic towards your clients. I would strongly recommend you, Lindsay, to other people”
Dr Henry Fardell , MouthPeace
“The commercial legal advice provided by Steele Raymond has been of huge value throughout this sale. The Steele Raymond team were able to anticipate any challenges that we may have faced and dealt with them early on”
Ms M, Winchester, Family Client, Bournemouth
“I am sure many of your clients would feel the same way about you, your attention to detail, professionalism, sympathy towards clients ... I would strongly recommend you to other people”
Evelyn Sharman & Martin Hacker, Residential Conveyancing Client
“We just wanted to say a big thank you for everything you did to make our sale and purchase so straightforward and painless for us. The whole procedure was done so efficiently and enabled us to carry on with our work and other preparations for the move”
Mavis Fernandes, Residential Conveyancing Client
“I was delighted to be introduced to Steele Raymond. The house was sold today and they were simply great. Very professional and helpful. Much relieved and unburdened”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related services h2 >
At Steele Raymond, our philosophy is simple: we give you an uncompromising, high-quality and bespoke...
Looking after the best interests of your children is what every loving parent wants to do. But when a...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Leading Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond LLP has unveiled the refurbishment of its Southbourne offices. The refurbishment has created a new fresh office ...
Leading Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond have once again been recognised as one of Dorset and the South West's leading law firms in the latest edition ...