Helping you move on with peace of mind
Relationship Breakdown Solicitors
If you’re not married or in a civil partnership, separating from your partner can be fraught with difficulties.
Many think they have legal rights under a ‘common-law’ marriage. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a ‘common law’ marriage in law. The legal position for unmarried couples is in fact very different to that which applies to married couples and civil partners.
An experienced family lawyer can help you work through your options so that you understand your financial position and make sure that you can plan for a future apart knowing that everything is in hand and that no stone will be left unturned.
Helping you with relationship disputes
Our experienced family lawyers can provide advice on:
- regulating property interests at the end of a cohabitation relationship
- financial provision for children
For more information on how we can help you:
- deal with a relationship breakdown where you are married or in a civil partnership, visit our Divorce and Dissolution page
- understand the financial repercussions of a relationship breakdown, visit our Financial Settlement page
- deal with any children issues, visit our Children page
- plan for Asset Protection and how your assets could be dealt with in the event of separation or divorce
- reach your own decisions outside of formal Court proceedings, visit our Family Mediation page
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Here’s just a few examples of how our family lawyers have helped clients.
We can help you:
- prepare a separation agreement
- understand and apply any cohabitation agreements
- deal with any property or financial disputes on behalf of children including Court proceedings under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989 and the Trusts of Land and Appointment Of Trustees Act (TOLATA)
What our clients say:
Mr S, Bournemouth,
“Thank you for your kind words and for acting so well for me in what was, to say the least, a very trying negotiation given the stance and ambiguity along the way. Wishing you a great year”
Family Client, Bournemouth
“I am really grateful that I met you two, my dream team as I always refer you to. I am sure many of your clients would feel the same way about you, your attention to detail, professionalism, sympathetic towards your clients. I would strongly recommend you, Lindsay, to other people”
Ms M, Winchester, Family Client, Bournemouth
“I am sure many of your clients would feel the same way about you, your attention to detail, professionalism, sympathy towards clients ... I would strongly recommend you to other people”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related services h2 >
Considering a divorce or dissolving a civil partnership is an emotional time. That’s why you need...
Financial arrangements can be the major cause of worry for anyone going through separation and...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Leading Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond LLP has unveiled the refurbishment of its Southbourne offices. The refurbishment has created a new fresh office ...
A firm tabloid favourite, used without reservation or hesitation, is the continual use of the phrase “common law husband and wife” as if it is real and ...