Helping you move on with peace of mind
Relationship Breakdown Solicitors
If you’re not married or in a civil partnership, separating from your partner can be fraught with difficulties.
Many think they have legal rights under a ‘common-law’ marriage. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a ‘common law’ marriage in law. The legal position for unmarried couples is in fact very different to that which applies to married couples and civil partners.
An experienced family lawyer can help you work through your options so that you understand your financial position and make sure that you can plan for a future apart knowing that everything is in hand and that no stone will be left unturned.
Helping you with relationship disputes
Our experienced family lawyers can provide advice on:
- regulating property interests at the end of a cohabitation relationship
- financial provision for children
For more information on how we can help you:
- deal with a relationship breakdown where you are married or in a civil partnership, visit our Divorce and Dissolution page
- understand the financial repercussions of a relationship breakdown, visit our Financial Settlement page
- deal with any children issues, visit our Children page
- plan for Asset Protection and how your assets could be dealt with in the event of separation or divorce
- reach your own decisions outside of formal Court proceedings, visit our Family Mediation page
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Here’s just a few examples of how our family lawyers have helped clients.
We can help you:
- prepare a separation agreement
- understand and apply any cohabitation agreements
- deal with any property or financial disputes on behalf of children including Court proceedings under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989 and the Trusts of Land and Appointment Of Trustees Act (TOLATA)
What our clients say:
Mr S, Bournemouth,
“Thank you for your kind words and for acting so well for me in what was, to say the least, a very trying negotiation given the stance and ambiguity along the way. Wishing you a great year”
Michelle Miller, Private Client
“You did a fantastic job! I am very impressed. This was a hard situation with several unusual details. You and your team made it happen”
Wills & Probate Client, Bournemouth
“May I take this opportunity of thanking you and all personnel at Steele Raymond for the very professional and courteous manner in which you have dealt with my cousin’s affairs”
Robert Braithwaite, Sunseeker
“I instructed the company takeover team at Steele Raymond due to their excellent reputation. The team worked tirelessly to achieve a successful completion of the sale and it was a pleasure to work with such driven, focused and talented individuals”
Steve Siggs, Clark Group
“Steele Raymond’s advice and assistance was as invaluable as ever in completing this acquisition. We have worked with the Steele Raymond team many times over the years and they always provide a comprehensive top tier service which we know and trust as the best in the region”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related services h2 >
Considering a divorce or dissolving a civil partnership is an emotional time. That’s why you need...
Financial arrangements can be the major cause of worry for anyone going through separation and...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Leading Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond LLP has unveiled the refurbishment of its Southbourne offices. The refurbishment has created a new fresh office ...
A firm tabloid favourite, used without reservation or hesitation, is the continual use of the phrase “common law husband and wife” as if it is real and ...