Development & Social Housing
Getting your house in order
Specialist social housing lawyers
Building affordable homes is a vital task, but the reality of social housing can often throw obstacles in your way: legal, practical and political.
Recent deregulation in the sector can throw up more questions than answers.
That’s why you need social housing lawyers who give you the responsive and practical advice you need to remove any stumbling blocks and smooth the path to driving your projects forward.
At Steele Raymond, we give you the key advice you need, when you need it.
Helping you with development & social housing law
Steele Raymond's pro-active, specialist social housing solicitors know the law. That’s a given. More importantly, we know how to apply it on the ground. We work with your teams at all levels of your business from the building site to the board room table.
We’ve been helping house builders and registered providers of social housing on all aspects of the development process for decades: from the initial site investigation, through the planning process, to the final plot disposal.
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Our responsive social housing lawyers can help you:
- grant and take options and overage
- undertake strategic land assembly, site set up and disposals
- negotiate and agree joint ventures and development agreements
- negotiate and agree planning documentation including section 106, CIL and infrastructure agreements
- undertake stock transfers of affordable housing
- navigate the complexities of the law, practice and politics of social housing law including the requirements of the Homes and Communities Agency and other bodies, such as housing associations
- deal with the bank financing of development schemes
- navigate exception site planning policies and issues around rural housing
- settle any disputes
- work out an appropriate dispute resolution strategy and identify the most appropriate route for you
- manage all phases of the dispute resolution process
What our clients say:
Guy Tritton, Business Client
“As a barrister, I am usually very critical about other lawyers’ services but I have nothing but praise for their professionalism, courtesy, thoroughness and value for money”
Ms M, Winchester, Family Client, Bournemouth
“I am sure many of your clients would feel the same way about you, your attention to detail, professionalism, sympathy towards clients ... I would strongly recommend you to other people”
Carl Ferrand, Residential Conveyancing Client
“I have used Steele Raymond for my last two house moves and each time they have provided a fantastic service and were always available quickly to respond to any questions I had along the way”
Mr S, Bournemouth,
“Thank you for your kind words and for acting so well for me in what was, to say the least, a very trying negotiation given the stance and ambiguity along the way. Wishing you a great year”
Evelyn Sharman & Martin Hacker, Residential Conveyancing Client
“We just wanted to say a big thank you for everything you did to make our sale and purchase so straightforward and painless for us. The whole procedure was done so efficiently and enabled us to carry on with our work and other preparations for the move”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related Services h2 >
When dealing with development transactions it’s essential to have expert property development lawyers...
Our responsible commercial property lawyers have a clear understanding of what matters. We understand...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Leading Dorset commercial law firm, Steele Raymond LLP has advised on the acquisition of Ability Projects, a Poole-based manufacturer and supplier of fan ...
In the recent case of Heathcote and another v Doal and another  the County Court at Birmingham Technology and Construction Court reiterated the importance ...