Development & Social Housing
Getting your house in order
Specialist social housing lawyers
Building affordable homes is a vital task, but the reality of social housing can often throw obstacles in your way: legal, practical and political.
Recent deregulation in the sector can throw up more questions than answers.
That’s why you need social housing lawyers who give you the responsive and practical advice you need to remove any stumbling blocks and smooth the path to driving your projects forward.
At Steele Raymond, we give you the key advice you need, when you need it.
Helping you with development & social housing law
Steele Raymond's pro-active, specialist social housing solicitors know the law. That’s a given. More importantly, we know how to apply it on the ground. We work with your teams at all levels of your business from the building site to the board room table.
We’ve been helping house builders and registered providers of social housing on all aspects of the development process for decades: from the initial site investigation, through the planning process, to the final plot disposal.
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Our responsive social housing lawyers can help you:
- grant and take options and overage
- undertake strategic land assembly, site set up and disposals
- negotiate and agree joint ventures and development agreements
- negotiate and agree planning documentation including section 106, CIL and infrastructure agreements
- undertake stock transfers of affordable housing
- navigate the complexities of the law, practice and politics of social housing law including the requirements of the Homes and Communities Agency and other bodies, such as housing associations
- deal with the bank financing of development schemes
- navigate exception site planning policies and issues around rural housing
- settle any disputes
- work out an appropriate dispute resolution strategy and identify the most appropriate route for you
- manage all phases of the dispute resolution process
What our clients say:
Lynne Palau , Hotel Collingwood
“The team, did an excellent job. Steele Raymond have depth of knowledge across all of their commercial teams which has given us the confidence in our decisions and clarity for the future”
Chris Bryant, Subsea Vision Limited
“Thanks to the highly professional team at Steele Raymond, the takeover went very smoothly. Their help and support enabled us to enter into discussions and negotiations with the confidence that all legal aspects and requirements had been thoroughly investigated.”
Residential Conveyancing Client, Bournemouth
“Sue Middleton and her team are first class”
Karina Grassy , Slumbersac
“Steele Raymond have depth of knowledge across all of their commercial teams has given us the confidence to grow the business knowing that we are built on very solid foundations”
Peter Philips, Unicorn Training Group
“Steele Raymond’s commercial advice coupled with practical guidance has been invaluable over the years in helping us move forward and is unmatched in my experience.”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related Services h2 >
When dealing with development transactions it’s essential to have expert property development lawyers...
Our responsible commercial property lawyers have a clear understanding of what matters. We understand...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Leading Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond have once again been recognised as one of Dorset and the South West's leading law firms in the latest edition ...
Thirty leading entrepreneurs in the South have been given insights into how to build and secure value in their businesses.The seminar was held by commercial ...